The TI series small-size pulse transformers are constructed using high permeability E / EF shaped ferrite cores and wound using a special technique to achieve the optimization of its inter-related electric parameters, which determine the over-all performance of the transformers. We shall emphasize the following parameters:
- High galvanic insulation between primary winding (control circuit) and secondary winding (power circuit).
- Low coupling capacitance between windings.
- Low stray inductance.
- High transfer capability of unipolar pulses.
- Low losses in the magnetic circuit.
- Transfer area: from 200 to 700 V x μs
- Transformation ratio: 1:1, 1:1:1 and 3:1:1
- Trigger current: from 0.1 A to 1 A
- Dielectric strength: between 2.5 KVac and 3.5 KVac (depending on the model)
- Size: (width x depth x height) in mm. (23 x 27 x 15), (23 x 16.5 x 25) and (17 x 17.5 x 12).
Generally, they are used for triggering low,medium and high power thyristors and triacs, as well as for controlling power transistors, used in power electronic circuits.
The TI standard series consists of 16 encapsulated models in three case sizes and with one or two secondary windings. By request, we can manufacture special models, according to customer specifications, using other coil formers and core shapes, sizes and types, with some elec-trical features other than construction or encapsulated, using high permeability E / EF shaped ferrite cores or toroidal ones